Not too long ago, a couple girls at my office, Zombie and Poltergeist Prevention, Inc. asked me what I was going to do for my birthday. Jokingly, girl #1 said “what are you doing for your birthday? Climbing Mount Kilamanjaro?” And girl #2 agreed with her that we are always adventuring, so there is no telling what our weekends have in store. And again today, I ran into an old friend from high school, and in casual conversation with her boss, whom I had just met, my friend explained to him that we are adventurous people. This is probably one of the nicest things someone has said about me. So it made me think about creating a bucket list.
So, without further ado, and in no particular order other than this is the order I thought of them, my bucket list:
1. Go to South Africa and Kenya for my 30th birthday
2. Climb Mt. Kilamanjaro for my 40th birthday (the girls at work had a good idea!)
3. Dive the Great Barrier Reef
4. Meet Jane Goodall
5. Swim with polar bears!
6. Swim with great whites! (Ok, ok. In a cage).
7. Visit all 50 states of the US
8. Visit every continent (I got this idea from my dad, the Intrepid Traveler, who has almost done this!)
9. Run a marathon
10. Hike the Pacific Crest trail
11. Dive every sea
12. See an octopus in the wild
13. See the aurora borealis
14. See the aurora australis
Now, by no means is this a finite list. I will continue to add to it, and I have already scratched something’s off my list, before I ever really wrote it down.
Like I have hiked the tallest peak in Texas. Twice.
I have been to Alaska and Hawaii, the two hardest states to hit when attempting to hit all 50.
I have been parasailing in the Florida Keys.
I can’t wait to start crossing a few things off my list, so I have room to add more to my list!
What are some things on your bucket list?